Keep Saving & Dropping-Off Your Empty Craft Beer Bottles!!!
Wow!!! Our deepest thanks and gratitude to everyone who continues to save and drop off empty craft beer bottles for refilling!! Your participation in our ‘proof of concept’ pilots is essential to building this refillables marketplace and launching the first regional craft beer bottle washing operation in the United States.
Over the past two months we have been busy expanding the collection program, securing industry and policy connections, raising funds, gaining press coverage and planning for 2018 activities and goals! Here are some of our recent highlights:
- Opened two new drop-off locations:
- Launched our Northern Nevada incentive-based collection pilot in partnership with Great Basin Brewery Company
- Working with TTSD (local North Tahoe/Truckee waste haulers), Placer County and CalRecycle on launching a California CRV redemption pilot
- Three articles published about Conscious Container
- An amazing Conscious Container video produced by Respectful Revolution
- Continued engagement and meetings with CalRecycle in Sacramento to move refillables to a higher standard in California
- Awarded a request to participate on a panel titled: ‘Building a Returnable Bottle Market’ at the annual Craft Brewers Association national convention in April 2018
Our focus over the winter will be on our Northern Nevada ‘Incentive Based’ collection pilot in partnership with Great Basin Brewery. This amazing pilot represents an opportunity to tap into the strong desire for Nevadans to participate in a glass bottle refillables solution instead of the landfill option.
As a reminder… the pilot is simple:
- Save your empty 12oz long neck bottles brown craft beer bottles
- Drop off your case (24 bottles) at either Great Basin Brewpub located in Reno and Sparks
- Receive a $1 credit for each case of empty 12oz long neck craft beer bottles
- Bottles will be cleaned and refilled by our craft brewing partner Bayern Brewery
Northern Nevada Events: Beers 4 Bottles
Save your empty 12oz long neck craft beer bottles for Conscious Container community ‘Beers 4 Bottles’ collection events in partnership with Great Basin Brewery.
- December 14: Beers 4 Bottles: Great Basin Brewpubs All Day Bottle Drop
- January 26: Beers 4 Bottles: Environmentally Conscious Northern Nevada
- February 24: Beers 4 Bottles: Northern Nevada Conscious Video Festival
Keep up to date on events through our Facebook page.
We are excited to announce two new drop-off locations at:
- Alpine Meadows: Recycling/Waste location
- Squaw Valley: Recycling/Waste location
We are already seeing bottles being dropped-off at both locations and great thanks to both property owners associations for helping to spread the word to local Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows residents!!
We have also just winterized all our outdoor drop-off collection locations to ensure we keep bottle drop-off locations open and accessible during our snowy season.
And lastly, the press coverage has been amazing!! Three press articles and a short documentary style video about Conscious Container’s start-up business and founder Caren McNamara are humbling. All can be viewed via the links in the above Highlights section.
Conscious Container continues to be honored by the engagement, collaboration and support you all bring to making this refillables marketplace a reality…. CHEERS!!!
‘Reducing Your Carbon Footprint One Craft Beer at a Time.’